We operate a texting service for all of our patients to remind them of their appointments or of clinics that we run – we require your UK mobile phone number to do this (please note, we are unable to text or call non-UK numbers).
This facility also allows you to cancel your appointment via your phone, which saves you time.
If you have not provided us with your mobile number or have changed your number recently please update your details on the Communication Consent Form.
If you do not wish to receive text messages, please let us know and we can update your details on our system.
New Data Protection Regulations from May 2018 (GDPR)
Under the new Data Protection Regulations introduced from 25th May 2018, we will continue to contact patients via text messages regarding the delivery of care if they have provided consent for us to do so.
If the Practice is sending a text message about recommended treatment for the management of a specific health issue, then this is defined as providing appropriate care for a patient and not as marketing purposes.
Messaging App / Texting Service:
MJog Messenger is a free app for patients allowing quick and easy two-way communications with their Practice. The familiar user interface means patients will be able to use the app straight out of the box, providing patients with a convenient way to manage appointments, be alerted about services and receive reminders from their surgery. PIN authentication can be enabled to grant peace of mind for your patient.
- No cost for Patients to use the MJog Messenger App – it is free to download with no message costs.
- Simple to use app – MJog Messenger is self explanatory with clear details including links and buttons to complete app interactions – familiar and recognisable styling.
- More informative messages for Patients, compared to SMS, with styled text and images allowing for clear and branded Practice communications.
- Convenient communications – app provides a straightforward view of documents including pdfs and letters the practice sends via the app which is delivered to one device (accessible across multiple).
- Easy access – it’s a simple process to cancel appointments in ‘one click’.
- Informative, relevant and efficient communications received – letter, pictures, links etc. all contained in one message.
- Provides quick access to Google Maps, Facebook and other apps so patients can stay in touch with your Practice.
- Building greater online engagement with patients.
Please contact us for details regarding our texting service.